Academic Associate - Development
Azim Premji University, Karnataka, India
Azim Premji University invites applications for the position below:
Position: Academic Associate - Development
Azim Premji University was established in 2010 by the Azim Premji Foundation. The Foundation works
extensively with the public-school systems in many states in India, with a clear purpose - to contribute to
a just, equitable, humane and sustainable society. The University is focused on fields of education and
development through its programmes of study that prepare professionals with integrity, competence and
social commitment. Our research programmes contribute to knowledge relevant to these fields. The
University offers liberal undergraduate degrees in Sciences, Economics, Humanities, and post-graduate
degrees in the fields of Education, Development, Public Policy, Economics, and Law & Development.
The University’s Post Graduate programs have participants from diverse disciplinary backgrounds, ranging
from sciences, humanities and social studies and professional degrees, as well as diverse regional and
socio-economic backgrounds. Such experiential and academic diversity is essential for understanding and
addressing the development challenges facing us today.
Academic Associates are expected to support students in their academic journey and support faculty in
development of teaching material and exploration of creative teaching pedagogies such as audio-video
materials, simulations, and games. They are also expected to host reading, writing and data handling labs
for Master’s students.
Duration: Fulltime three-year position
• Masters’ degree in Development, Development Studies, or other relevant domains
• Maximum of 5 years of work experience since completion of last degree program
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work with students with diverse linguistic, disciplinary, and socio-economic backgrounds
• Enthusiasm for exploring teaching and learning pedagogies in higher education
Please email us the following documents:
• A short (one-two page) note describing your ideas related to teaching or learning in higher
• Curriculum Vitae
• Information Summary Sheet
• Two recommendation letters to be sent directly by the referee to the email address below
Click here to download the Information Summary Sheet that you can mail in as an attachment.
Please send in the above documents by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line
“Application for Academic Associate – Development” before 31st July 2021.