The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA), Delhi, India
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) India, is an independent humanitarian and development agency, engaging in sustainable development and disaster response programs for economically deprived and socially marginalized people in India. ADRA India is a part of the ADRA global network (www.adra.org), of humanitarian and development organisation. ADRA’s nine global impact areas include Livelihoods and Agriculture, Children, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene, Community Health, Disaster Response, Economic Growth, Hunger & Nutrition, Social Justice and Gender Equity. ADRA India has developed its expertise within this framework under the thematic areas of humanitarian response and protection, empowered communities, and health and nutrition, and their various subsectors and country-specific approaches.
Job Title: Accounts officer
Reports to: Finance Director
Location: Country Office, Gurgaon
The Accounts Officer will keep a complete set of accounting records for the Project offices- summarizing, reviewing, preparation of statements, guiding field staff and cost working for ADRA INDIA implemented projects. The Account Officer will handle 4-5 projects.
The Successful candidate will assist with monthly closing, yearend closing and audit preparation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Ensures all the bank and project reconciliation at the country office level and micro projects are prepared in a timely manner and outstanding amounts are followed up and reported to Finance Director.
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation between ADRA India & Asia Regional Office and submit the reconciliation statement to the Finance Director.
- Monitors bank balances and ensures that sufficient balances are available before making any disbursements.
- Executes all financial transactions in the country office with the approval of the Finance Director.
- Ensures complete and accurate accounting records are maintained.
- Ensures that supporting documentation for all accounting records is maintained and meets the requirements of the ADRA India financial Policy, donor and the Government of India.
- Ensures that the monthly financial statements and other requested financial reports for ADRA India are submitted to the Finance Director as per the reporting deadlines.
- Ensures the set-up of all project books in harmony with accounting principles.
- Ensures there is a back-up of all financial data.
- Executes the implementation of a proper accounting system in the country office and field offices.
- Overlooks cash flow-depreciation schedules, budgeting and payrolls.
- Ensures that proper procurement and logistics systems are followed.
- Responsible to review bills, make observation and final posting of Admin Vouchers.
- Responsible to allocate depreciation of ADMIN assets to the ongoing projects on monthly basis.
- Responsible for reconciling ADMIN receivables and payables of OLD projects and do the needful to have a clear book of accounts with the guidance of Finance Director.
- Responsible for the review of vehicles and courier log books in a monthly basis before it is posted to the accounting.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the fixed asset register, as well as physically reviewing the assets and maintain the depreciation schedule and calculation.
- Responsible for preparing for the Administration Financial audits with statutory audit and coordinating with the Finance Director.
- Assist Finance Director to respond to Management Letter sent by the auditor after the annual audit is completed. Accounts officer will work closely with income tax department for notices or any other paper work.
- Prepare tax returns, payments, necessary paperwork, and reports.
- Accounts officer will work closely with finance director on income tax notices and findings or any other paper work.
- Responsible for taking Tax declaration from all staff.
- Responsible for the TDS return of income taxes filing for the administration.
- Responsible for preparing the quarterly TDS report for the administration.
- Completes other project related tasks as requested by the ADRA India Administration from time to time.
- Responsible to share staff ledger with all the country office employees on monthly basis.
- Preparing and submission of the FC-6 returns under the FCRA.
Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisors.
Excellent oral and written communication skills (English), Proficiency in Hindi required.
Excellent Problem solving, decision making and analyzing skills, ability to work in strict deadlines & produce error free work.
Good people skills, A Very Active and Dynamic personality, Ability to work in a Team
Incumbent should be prepared for difficult and below-basic living conditions during field travel.
Bachelor’s / Masters’ Degree in Commerce along with 4 to 5 years relevant NGO work experience.
At ADRA, we are committed to Safeguarding and Protection of the communities, staff and other people we work with. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who can promote a working environment free from abuse or harm to anyone that works with or comes into contact with ADRA are recruited. This post is subjected to a range of vetting checks, including a criminal records disclosure. Background and Reference checks will be conducted, and ethics is part of the regular performance appraisals.
How to apply?
Please apply electronically, quoting job title on the subject line, and attaching a covering letter (include your last salary drawn) and your CV (with at least two contactable references) to Email Address: - firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th July 2022. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered for the review.
ADRA India is a tobacco and alcohol-free organization. A competitive package is available for the right candidate. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.