Associate Coordinator, Youth Intervention
PRAVAH, Delhi, India
When you work with Pravah you walk the thin line between…
Work and Fun
Sacrifice and Social Responsibility
Indiscipline and creativity
Hindi and English
Black and White
Right and Left
Me and We
Pravah(https://www.pravahindia.org/) was formed in 1993 with the mission to work on ‘prevention’ of social conflicts by developing social responsibility and personal leadership among young people (adolescent and youth). We believe that social change is effected through deep mind-set change of individuals and along with the empowerment of the socially excluded it is imperative to hugely shift the attitudes of individuals in powerful decision making positions in order to change the social structures that marginalize communities.
It is kept alive by an active and engaged Governing Board and a strong and professional executive team, and is being fulfilled through the design and delivery of innovative experiential learning and action programs with diverse groups of young people across the country. We also train teachers, support youth led initiatives, incubate new organizations and partner with other organizations to mainstream youth development and active citizenship by providing organizational development and programmatic support. We are also engaged in influencing public policy in the field of youth.
More often than not, young people are preoccupied in four spaces that society legitimizes them to inhabit. These are 1) Family 2) Livelihood/Education 3) Friends, and 4) Leisure (which includes entertainment, worship and sports
among others) .There is one very vibrant space although quite marginalized that young people also occupy, which we call the 5th Space - a concept to inspire and facilitate young people to expand beyond the typical 4 spaces of career-education, family, friends and leisure by creating this space in the mentioned four spaces through exploring a journey from self to society and back .This is where young people understand themselves and engage in social action. It focuses on self-transformation of youth as much as on transforming society through them. The 5th space is co-owned and co-led by young people and adults, provides deep cross border experiences (including across borders of caste, class, gender, religion), and is a space for ‘refl-action’ (where in the best traditions of experiential learning, action is taken to learn about the self and reflection precedes and succeeds this action).
Annually, our total outreach is approx. 15000+ young people, support/mentor 100 social entrepreneurs/youth organizations, and work with around 100 partners.
So when you work (we prefer to call it ‘walk’ with us), you actually work with many others - young people, teachers, other organizations and the larger civil society – all from as diverse worlds as you can imagine.
Pravah is currently on a new curve of expansion – both in size and the scope of its interventions. To support it, a number of exciting opportunities have arisen for the engagement of inspired and committed people with diverse levels of skills and experience in Pravah.
In the current phase of our journey, we are looking for an inspired and committed fundraisers to work with us. Read on to know if it could be you!
Position: Associate Coordinator, Youth Intervention
Location: New Delhi
As the Associate Coordinator, you will be:
● Coordinating, designing and facilitating for different YI programmes: Intensive and extensive leadership journeys of young people in and out of college spaces.
● Equipping yourself with knowledge, skills, attitudes and values of citizenship action and youth development and innovating to keep the programming relevant to the times and needs of young people.
● Building YI visibility strategy with the team and contribute to making the voice of young people heard through that.
● Co- holding programmes and interventions along with the anchor in the processes such as budget, mobilization, wash-ups, logistics, mentoring and facilitation.
● Engaging in the training and facilitation across other interventions within Pravah.
● Co - holding team and programme processes like team reviews, finance, mobilization, database, logistics, documentation & reports.
● Building relationships and, managing partnerships with various organisations in and outside of Delhi, educational institutions, partner organizations and resource persons.
● Participating in other Pravah processes and programs as well as represent the organization at different fora.
We are looking for a person, with
● A postgraduate degree in any discipline with 0-2 years of experience. A graduate with work experiences that can be brought into this space of working with youth like volunteering, theatre, music, puppetry etc may also apply.
● Excellent interpersonal skills, passion to work with young people and the ability to work under challenging situations
● Positive orientation and cheerful disposition
● Excellent communication skills in both English and Hindi
● Ability to inspire, openness to learning, thinking out of the box, connect with people and multi-task
● An understanding of various development and social perspectives with a commitment to issues of social justice
● Willingness to travel extensively (to remote rural areas if required- this is subject to the realities of COVID-19 pandemic and would be restricted until it is deemed safe) and work flexible hours and weekends.
● Experience of managing logistics, databases and computer based communications. ● Capacity to work hard and keep commitments.
* Experience in program coordination and instructional design and facilitation with young people will be an added advantage
● Salary range for the experience of 0 to 2 years is 2.82 lakhs to 3.6 lakhs per annum.