Associate Director, Fundraising
Language and Learning Foundation, Delhi, India
Language and Learning Foundation (LLF)
Position: Associate Director, Fundraising
Language and Learning Foundation (LLF) is a non-government organisation based out of New Delhi
that works towards developing strong foundational skills and abilities of language and literacy among
all children and strengthen their ability to think and reason. Founded by the dynamic and passionate
Dr. Dhir Jhingran (Ex-IAS, PhD in Education), LLF believes children’s home languages need to be used
formally in the classrooms in the early primary years.
Its research and reputation in the early learning space and multilingual education has translated to
partnerships with the six states (Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Bihar, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat)
and has garnered the support of education philanthropy like Tata Trusts, Central Square Foundation,
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and UNICEF. LLF’s “Learning Improvement Program in Haryana”
was awarded the “Best Field Based Initiative in South Asia” at CIES 2019 and evolved to become the
first CSR-funded education Development Impact Bond (DIB).
The National Education Policy, 2020 has announced the set up of the National Foundational Learning
Mission(FLN) to ensure basic reading skills and numeracy in all students by grade 3 by 2025. LLF has
been recognized as an advisor and literacy partner to the government for this mission and is at a
pivotal stage of its growth. LLF is looking to hire passionate professionals interested in working with
education leaders, marquee funders, and governments to create tangible change in learning
About the program:
LLF works on designing and implementing language and literacy programs for state governments while
researching and innovating for multi-language and multi-grade learning. The three dimensions of work
include continuous professional development of teachers and teacher educators, implementing
projects that demonstrate transformed teaching-learning processes for early language learning and
engagement with the government system for reform in academic policies and practices.
About the Founder:
Dr. Dhir Jhingran is a visionary and expert in the early education space and has over three decades of
experience in the education sector. He was the Director of Elementary School Education (Sarva
Shiksha Abhiyan, Ministry of Human Resource Development) and Principal Secretary Education in
Assam. He went on to conceptualize, design and implement a Literacy Instruction program for 9
countries at Room to Read, before pursuing his PhD in Education. He was the National Advisor to the
Ministry of Education, Government of Nepal, before he decided to set up the Language and Learning
Foundation. Dr. Dhir Jhingran, with his vast experience, acts as an advisor to many organisations in
the education space and is committed to solving the early learning crises in India.
The Associate Director, Fundraising will report directly to the Executive Director and will be
responsible for building out the fundraising function within LLF. He/she will need to create a
fundraising strategy to scale, diversify and sustain fundraising efforts including raising ~20 crores/year
from a combination of different types of funders, to support LLF’s growing mandate and projects
across states. A key part of the effort will include raising unrestricted funding from institutional
funders for the expansion of the organisation. He/she will be responsible for deepening existing
relationships and strategically leveraging the founder's network and goodwill and to drive LLF's
strategy to scale, diversify and sustain fundraising efforts.
● Take overall responsibility for partnerships and raise different types of funding for the
organization by being the face of LLF at all appropriate forums and build partnerships with
CSRs, domestic and foreign foundations, HNIs and other key ecosystem stakeholders
● Enhance existing fundraising activities towards managing and sustaining a diverse
fundraising portfolio, including:
○ Identify ways to leverage existing networks, work closely with the Advisory Board and
group to expand the network of donors, initiate conversations with new potential
○ Work closely with the Finance team to regularly track budgets and funding pipeline to
ensure adequate reserves are in place.
○ Create regular review processes and action plans to promote sustainability
○ Strengthen the current fundraising collateral including the pitch deck and sharpen
the messaging/ pitch in accordance with FR strategy and type of funder.
● Develop and deliver a comprehensive and coherent fundraising and communication strategy
to support grant application, networking and reporting and also ensure messaging in
newsletters, media and on the LLF website is aligned with the FR strategy.
● Support the work of Language and Learning Foundation USA Inc. (Section 501(c)(3)
Charity registered in USA) in organising events and in fundraising for LLF.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
● Post graduate or equivalent degree required
● 12+ years of work experience and track record of high achievement in fundraising
● Have a deep understanding of the CSR, Indian Foundation and Foreign Foundations
fundraising landscape. Have a basic understanding of HNI and Retail fundraising landscape.
● Strong interpersonal skills, with experience in building and managing relationships
● Demonstrated expertise and proven experience in fund raising or partnerships for Nonprofits
● Experience and expertise in overseeing the design of communication materials and social
● Strong presentation and communications skills
● Excellent people management and relationship management skills
● Team player, with the ability to work on one’s own initiative as well as part of a small
● Be highly organized, in order to manage and prioritize workloads.
● Creative and innovative in thought process and delivery.
● Should be willing to travel as required.
● Compensation and designation would be commensurate with candidate's experience
● Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon
the candidate’s experience levels.
Apply : To apply fill in the Google Form.