Associate – Program Partnerships
Villgro, Karnataka, India
Associate – Program Partnerships
Location – Bangalore
The role of ‘Associate – Program Partnerships’ is a critical one at Villgro, and is designed to meet
two key objectives:
1. Ensure continued value addition by Villgro to the ecosystem and its key players.
2. Building financial resilience & sustainability of Villgro.
Playing this role as part of the Program partnerships team for Villgro, you will have the opportunity to codevelop and deliver on our strategy to design innovative and relevant programs in partnership with entrepreneur-enabler organizations (International Foundations, Corporate Foundations, CSR, Bi-lateral & Multi-lateral agencies, Government, etc).
We are looking for a cause-oriented young professional who is passionate to look at the big, strategic questions in the impact space. The right candidate will have the ability to think strategically, be analytical and contribute to the development of meaningful partnerships in the social enterprise ecosystem and/or non-profit sector in India. She/he will have a background and a strong interest that enables them to engage with multiple stakeholders at all levels in the ecosystem. Conceptual thinking is crucial for this role.
The ideal candidate should also have excellent communication skills, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Villgro has worked closely with numerous reputed national and international organizations for 20 years. Some of them are The Lemelson Foundation, UNDP, GIZ, Accenture, Hindustan Unilever Foundation, HDFC Bank, RaboBank, Yes Bank, The Technology Development Board of India, etc. These partnerships have played a critical role in the impact that Villgro has been able to create at the bottom of the pyramid.
We envision the following components to play a key part in delivering on the two key objectives of this role:
1. Developing partnerships and outreach strategy
• Being in constant touch with the fundraising ecosystem to be fully updated and tuned in on the latest trends and happenings across Villgro India’s focus sectors
• Identifying opportunities for growth and action
• Identifying routes for effective outreach in order to ensure continuous engagement with a wide variety of potential partners
2. Designing partnership opportunities
• Make efforts to thoroughly understand goals of potential partners; leverage existing information and gain deeper insights in creative ways to form a nuanced understanding of the partner’s priorities.
• Co-design innovative and well-rounded partnership opportunities that meet Villgro as well as the partner’s goals; work closely with internal teams to detail out the mechanics of implementation, budgets, resources required for strong execution, etc.
3. On-boarding Partners
• Present collaboration ideas to the leadership in a manner which is evidenced, unique, concise, and compelling.
4. Partner Relationship Management
• Monitor and ensure partnerships deliverables are met according to agreed timelines
• Obtaining data/information from internal as well as external sources to construct comprehensive and well-articulated proposals, pitch decks as well as operational, financial and impact reports
• Explore and present additional areas of engagement in order to ensure longevity in working with partners If the role excites you,
we would like you to:
• Have a Bachelor’s/Masters degree in Business Administration/ Communications/ Social Work / Development Studies or equivalent
• Have a holistic view of key players and stakeholders in the social enterprise ecosystem
• Have 1 – 3 years of experience in cultivating partnerships
• Have the ability to analyse requirements adeptly, and think innovatively about solutions
• Be passionate about building a great network within the ecosystem
• Have excellent command of the English language
• Be a strong team player
• Be proficient in Microsoft PPT, Excel and Word
Reporting Officer: Senior Manager – Program Partnerships
Remuneration: Commensurate with experience
How to apply: Fill in Villgro’s Centralized Application Form.
Meanwhile, a little bit more about us: Villgro is India’s oldest and one of the world’s largest social enterprise incubators. We support innovative enterprises that solve critical issues faced by the poor. We provide funds (grant/equity), mentors, networks and resources to innovative social enterprises in sectors such as education, health, agribusiness and renewable energy.
Since our inception in 2001, we have incubated over 300 social enterprises with seed funding of INR 573 million. These social enterprises have generated 4000+ jobs and secured INR 1796 million in follow-on funding to impact over 19 million lives. Villgro fosters an open culture where each member can express his/her views and opinions based on merits and objectivity. We are a small, but highly committed team of 27 and we thrive on collaboration.
We are an equal opportunity employer and extremely committed to fostering workplace equity. (Brag alert) Villgro has won the prestigious DivHersity Awards as a recognition for this!
Villgro alumni have gone on to found social businesses, study at Ivy League and Indian B-schools and public policy institutes, head other accelerators and incubators, but most importantly - they have become voices of change. We are committed to providing the same exposure, learning and experiences to help you shape your career. Most of these will begin with some chai-coffee overlooking the beautiful sunset at our lovely office terrace in Bangalore, or in our bustling & green courtyard at the IITM Research Park in Chennai.
If you are the right candidate, you will resonate with many of our values,
• Empathy- we are customer-centric and collaborative, yet assertive.
• Entrepreneurial- we seek progress and want to get things done!
• Boldness- we voice our views and respect others’. We fail fast, learn fast.
• Integrity- we demonstrate transparency and honesty in every transaction.
For further information, please visit our website at http://www.villgro.org