Human Resource(HR) & Admin
PRAVAH New Delhi , Delhi, India
When you work with Pravah you walk the thin line between… Work and Fun
Sacrifice and Social Responsibility Indiscipline and creativity
Hindi and English Black and White Right and Left
Me and We
Pravah(https://www.pravahindia.org/) was formed in 1993 with the mission to work on ‘prevention’ of social conflicts by developing social responsibility and personal leadership among young people (adolescent and youth). We believe that social change is effected through deep mind-set change of individuals and along with the empowerment of the socially excluded it is imperative to hugely shift the attitudes of individuals in powerful decision making positions in order to change the social structures that marginalize communities.
It is kept alive by an active and engaged Governing Board and a strong and professional executive team, and is being fulfilled through the design and delivery of innovative experiential learning and action programs with diverse groups of young people across the country. We also train teachers, support youth led initiatives, incubate new organizations and partner with other organizations to mainstream youth development and active citizenship by providing organizational development and programmatic support. We are also engaged in influencing public policy in the field of youth.
More often than not, young people are preoccupied in four spaces that society legitimizes them to inhabit. These are 1) Family 2) Livelihood/Education 3) Friends, and 4) Leisure (which includes entertainment, worship and sports
among others) .There is one very vibrant space although quite marginalized that young people also occupy, which we call the 5th Space - a concept to inspire and facilitate young people to expand beyond the typical 4 spaces of career-education, family, friends and leisure by creating this space in the mentioned four spaces through exploring a journey from self to society and back .This is where young people understand themselves and engage in social action. It focuses on self-transformation of youth as much as on transforming society through them. The 5th space is co-owned and co-led by young people and adults, provides deep cross border
experiences (including across borders of caste, class, gender, religion), and is a space for ‘refl-action’ (where in the best traditions of experiential learning, action is taken to learn about the self and reflection precedes and succeeds this action).
Annually, our total outreach is approx. 15000+ young people, support/mentor 100 social entrepreneurs/youth organizations, and work with around 100 partners.
So when you work (we prefer to call it ‘walk’ with us), you actually work with many others - young people, teachers, other organizations and the larger civil society – all from as diverse worlds as you can imagine.
Pravah is currently on a new curve of expansion – both in size and the scope of its interventions. To support it, a number of exciting opportunities have arisen for the engagement of inspired and committed people with diverse levels of skills and experience in Pravah
In the current phase of our journey, we are looking for an inspired and committed fundraisers to work with us. Read on to know if it could be you!
Position: Associate Coordinator – Human Resource(HR) & Admin Location: New Delhi
As the Associate Coordinator of the HR and Admin Function, you will:
● Coordinate and implement end to end HR processes such as recruitment, induction, training, and employee engagement for Pravah.
● Manage human resource operational requirements by scheduling and coordinating internally held organizational meetings not limited to monthly organizational review spaces, farewells, 6-monthly planning and review, retreats etc.
● Documenting, tracking, following-up, reporting and database management for the HR function on a regular basis.
● Preparing, updating and recommending on HR policies, processes and procedures.
● Build relationships and personal connections with all Pravah personnel.
● Co-hold the performance enhancement at Pravah.
● Ensuring legal compliance with organizational policies by all personnel.
● Build relationships with key partners such as educational institutions, NGOs, training institutes, recruitment agencies etc.
● Co-design and implement appropriate learning and development interventions to enable the Pravah teams to reach their fullest potential.
● Create a culture that motivates and inspires people to reach their fullest potential and contribute to the sector in a meaningful way.
● Develop, design and facilitate workshops / experiential learning programs on a need-basis.
● Manage components of the Admin function within the organization like supervising office assistants, asset management, ensuring 5S system being practiced in the organization, attendance record maintenance etc.
We are looking for a full time person with:
● A Postgraduate degree with 1-2 years of HR experience of handling recruitment, learning and development, induction, performance management and administration.
● A deep understanding of current HR and Admin practices & processes.
● Experience in design and facilitation of training programs is an advantage.
● Willingness to engage with the various programs that Pravah runs with and for young people.
● Ability to inspire, openness to learning, ability to think out of the box
● Exceptional interpersonal skills, passion to work with people and to make a positive difference.
● Demonstrated leadership skills.
● Fluency in English and Hindi.
● Good analytical and conflict resolution skills and a collaborative nature.
● Capacity to work hard and keep commitments.
● A positive orientation and cheerful disposition
Type: Full time Location: New Delhi
** We are looking for people who are willing to make a minimum of a 2 year commitment to Pravah. We offer an enriching learning environment and the opportunity to work with a team of dedicated and passionate professionals who share a common vision.
● Salary range for the experience of 1 to 2 years is from 3 lakhs upto 3.6 lakhs per annu