Lead: Strategy and Partnerships
EdIndia Foundation , All India, India
Job Description: Lead: Strategy and Partnerships
EdIndia Foundation (EF) (www.edindia.in) is a not for profit focused on leveraging technology and data analytics to
create innovative solutions to impact education at scale. Edindia believes that technology has a huge potential to
impact government schools at scale. In the covid times, while #Edtech has been the buzzword – the digital divide
between children “with access” and “without” has been widening.
Acknowledging the fact that frugal but effective innovations are essential so as to ensure #LearningNeverStops and
integrate technology within the government system, EdIndia was set up. EdIndia’s mission is to “create tech-based
solutions to impact the quality of education at scale”. It is supported by Sterlite Power1
. It is working with ~200,000
govt teachers across Rajasthan, Tripura, Maharashtra and Uttarakhand.
The focus of the Indian education system has been shifting from providing access to schools to ensuring acquisition of
learning outcomes. The UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and 10 principles of the UN Global Compact Network have
a strong influence on how Sterlite plans and implements its CSR
and Sustainability initiatives.
EdIndia views its role as system integrator, keen on designing
and rolling out large scale, Pan-India programs. As part of its
aggressive scale-up plans EdIndia is expanding its senior
management team and is seeking to recruit a Lead: Strategy
and Partnership. The proposed role will work centrally in the
Foundation with the Head of the Foundation. The role is
envisaged keeping in mind the vision to expand strategic
partnerships with external stakeholders. This role will also
contribute, in substantial measure to establishing EdIndia as a
credible and independent entity, supplementing the
Foundation's financial resources as well as presenting its
impact to the eco-system.
EdIndia considers itself a “start-up” at heart and has a young team from backgrounds as diverse as academic, statistics
and ex-army passionate about “education for all” and innovation for all.
▪ Responsible for the development and oversight of all external partnerships for EdIndia’s initiatives.
▪ In addition to strategy development, the position will be responsible for implementation of the strategy, negotiation
and on boarding of the partners.
▪ Shape the long term financial strategy and its implementation to ensure financial sustainability of the Foundation
through a combination of internal resources and external funders. This would involve identifying and developing
relationships for external sources of funding.
▪ Develop and implement an external relations strategy, responsible for creating a network with other corporate
foundations and government programs for joint implementation where there is a geographic and strategic synergy
in implementation approaches. The strategy will also include public relations and create greater visibility to Edindia
▪ In developing new relationships, this position would closely work with senior managers from each initiative in
ensuring a holistic pitch (of all initiatives) to potential partners.
EdIndia’s innovative products and solutions have a “mobile
first” approach. Its products and solutions include a
vernacular state curriculum aligned lesson planning app –
“Pragyan”, a “visual analytics” solution for officials and
management in public education system which leverages
multi-million data points from data being collected by
education MIS to derive information, visualize the same
through relevant dashboards, render it on mobiles and
establish a DSS (decision support system).
Another promising product in the works is a go-to platform
for government and low-fee affordable school teachers to
satiate their conceptual curiosity and gain pedagogical
insights served through bite-sized videos.
▪ The Lead: Strategy and Partnership would be part of senior leadership group of EdIndia and as such would be
mentoring interns from leading management institutes as well as program heads. Consequently, the role would also
require flexibility to take on new initiatives and opportunities.
▪ Excellent communication and networking skills. Strong
written, oral and presentation skills is a must.
▪ Demonstrated ability to practicing Innovation and
change. Develop new and innovative ways to improve
delivery, optimize costs, improve strategy and
engagement. Assesses problem situations to identify
causes, gathers and processes relevant information,
generates possible solutions, and make
recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
▪ Building Collaborative Relationships: Works
cooperatively and effectively with others in a nonhierarchical setting to establish goals, resolves
problems and makes decisions that enhance Project
Delivery. Manages complexity and drive for results.
▪ Achieving Quality Results: Sets priorities, develops a
work schedule, monitors progress toward goals, and
▪ Managing Relations: Carries out her/his relations within
the working group and across the partners with tact and
▪ The potential applicant should have demonstrated skills for engaging corporate/government and foundation
leaders in strategic partnerships.
▪ Proven experience in building and managing strong relationships with senior government officials and/or
corporate and foundation leadership, nongovernmental organization leadership and/or donors.
▪ Successful track record of identifying, cultivating, soliciting and closing national/International partnerships is
▪ Minimum 8 – 12 years of relevant management experience is required.
▪ Masters in relevant field of Management/Social Development/Technology for an institution of repute.
Location: Based out of Mumbai with significant flexibility of WFH while we are in pandemic situation;
Salary: Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s
In case you are interested please take a moment to apply by clicking https://forms.office.com/r/WMcyEd8icc