Manager - Communications - NGO
The Antara Foundation, India
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION :
The Antara Foundation (TAF) is a public health non-profit with a vision to ensure that every mother and each child has an equal start to a healthy life. TAF aims to help change some of India's worst health outcomes and prevent needless deaths of mothers and children across villages. The focus is on designing and implementing innovations to achieve delivery at scale. TAF works in partnership with various State governments, with its programs running across Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.
TAF was founded by Ashok Alexander, former director at McKinsey & Company and India country director of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). The team comprises a diverse set of individuals with backgrounds such as management consulting, public health, journalism, academia, development and others.
For more information, visit antarafoundation.org
- TAF is looking for a committed, creative and entrepreneurial individual with 7-10 years' experience in the communications space to join as Manager - Communications in its Delhi office. The role requires strong communications and people skills, with a focus on written communications and prior experience in managing teams. While there is no specific background requirement, the person should have an interest in the social sector space, an open mind to learn and be willing to work hard in an impact-oriented fast-paced environment to achieve the organization's goals.
- Context: As TAF expands its innovations to different geographies in India, there is a strong need to capture and share our work with different audiences (e.g., general public, donors, government, public health partners). This is important for three reasons - establish TAF as a credible and technically strong organization in the sector, garner funds to support further expansion and scale-up, and to inform the broader sector and government.
- The Manager - Communications will work closely with the Director - Communications and the TAF leadership to manage a 3-4 member communications team (spread across program districts, and the Delhi office) and support the organization in the design, development and dissemination of a range of impactful material through platforms such as social media, digital forums, key publications, print media and other targeted channels.
Support in the design and implementation of the organization's communications strategy, in close collaboration with the leadership, across following dimensions:
- Type of content to be captured, curated and disseminated (e.g., TAF's model, interventions, program impact, team, culture)
- Type of communication forms (e.g., films, presentations, articles, case studies)
- Right channels and platforms to disseminate the content
- Different target audiences, ensuring content is crafted accordingly
Implement various activities under the communications strategy, directly and with support from team members, including but not limited to -
- Creation of articles, blogs, thought pieces, etc.
- Creation of newsletters, annual reports, website content, etc.
- Creation of organization and intervention films and case studies
- Creation of profile notes, value proposition material, brochures, etc.
- Managing the organization's digital presence: website, social media, presence on platforms
- Increasing visibility and networks (e.g., online groups and forums, social media networks)
- Manage the organization's branding material (e.g., logos, templates, colours)
- Coordinate and collaborate with the program teams to identify, collect and synthesize various content (e.g., photographs, clips, intervention updates, impact stories)
- Be the point person for all communications related support required by team (e.g., reviewing content for external use, supporting Fellows in blogs, supporting field team in creating case studies)
- Engage with and manage external relationships (e.g., print and digital media partners, website vendors, professional filmmakers/photographers, design firms, PR consultants as and when required)
- Support creation of material for fundraising campaigns, including managing engagements with digital marketing vendors, as needed
- Manage junior team members (e.g., Associates, Fellows, Program Officers) - task allocation, work-planning, review of work
- Regular mentoring and professional development of junior team members
- Other related activities that may come up from time to time
ROLE REQUIREMENTS :
- Graduate or post-graduate (no specific qualifications); 7-10 years' experience
- Prior experience in communications-related streams is a key requirement, with a strong experience in written communications
- Strong people, communications and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Creative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong values of humility, integrity and desire to learn
- Occasional field visits to rural Madhya Pradesh to gain first-hand understanding of TAF's interventions
OTHER DETAILS :
Location: Delhi office
Compensation for this position is competitive and commensurate to expertise. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that the position is for immediate recruitment.
To apply, please share your CV along with a cover letter (mandatory) in a single combined file (PDF preferred).