Program Manager, Field Implementation
Raintree Foundation, Maharashtra, India
Job Description: Program Manager, Field Implementation
Ensure effective execution of the Sustainable Landscape Management program on the ground.
About Raintree Foundation
As the philanthropic arm of Raintree Family Office, Raintree Foundation leverages catalytic philanthropy to strengthen the development ecosystem and amplify impact. The Foundation pools together a mix of resources from the ecosystem to develop successful and scalable programs and solutions to address India's chronic social and environmental issues. It strives to co-create these programs along with leading non-profit organizations, technical experts, governments and the community as a whole.
The Foundation's current thematic focus areas are Sustainable Landscape Management and Workplace Mental Health. Read more about our work here.
About the Sustainable Integrated Rural Development (SIRD) Program
Our SIRD Program, being piloted in 9 villages of Pune district, integrates community development (water security, sustainable livelihoods and people's participation in their local political process and institution building), environment (ecological conservation and environment education) and disability & mental health (focusing on community mental health and its intersections with gender, sexual and reproductive health and disability inclusion).
About the Field Officer position
Raintree Foundation is looking to recruit a dynamic professional to provide high quality field and logistical support for its program and project activities and events. S/he will be responsible for coordination, facilitation, data, documentation, and reporting, and most importantly implementation of the program and projects on ground through community and key stakeholders' participation.
Reports To: Head of Programs
Based at: Velhe and Pune, Maharashtra
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of Sustainable Landscape Management program in line with the strategic goals of the Foundation
- Ensure operationalization of program plan and design with clear outcomes and outputs
- Responsible for program design validation with community and developing demand for the program
- Ensure community demands and needs based analysis in alignment with program design are shared with leadership for decision making
- Responsible to ensure coordination with implementation and knowledge partners, and also for mentoring project team for on-ground implementation of activities, new initiatives and projects
- Operationalize M&E Framework and technology tools to ensure effective data collection & monitoring
- Ensure feedback is provided to the program managers on the effectiveness of program design
- Regularly analyse the program, develop risk management plans and mitigation strategies
- Manage strong relationships with key government stakeholders and community
- Closely monitor schemes, programs and budgets at Taluka level and onwards to the project area
- Collaborate and facilitate the Communications team for building effective communication strategies for all stakeholders of the program
- Responsible for building and maintaining the feedback loops from all stakeholders
- Masters (or an equivalent degree) from a reputed institution in Development Studies / Rural Development or Management / other related discipline
- Minimum 12 to 15 years of experience in program and project implementation with community and diverse stakeholders
- Strong program management, stakeholder engagement and partnership management skills
- Ability to work across multiple verticals and execute an integrated program
- Good budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting
- Strong data, monitoring and evaluation, documentation, social mobilization, team management and coordination skills
- Significant experience in building deep relationships with government stakeholders and community leadership
- Strong understanding of the Western Ghats ecology and of local culture
- Strong systems thinking skills
- Proficiency in English and Marathi (verbal and written)
Please share your resume with us at – email@example.com
At Raintree, we have a strong bias for action and feedback. While the role is based out of our head office in Pune, the individual will be required to visit the project area in Velhe from time to time, to interact with the field teams and the community at large.
Raintree Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, colour, religion, caste, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Female candidates and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.