Programme Coordinator, Fundraising
PRAVAH New Delhi , Delhi, India
When you work with Pravah you walk the thin line between… Work and Fun
Sacrifice and Social Responsibility Indiscipline and creativity
Hindi and English Black and White Right and Left
Me and We
Pravah(https://www.pravahindia.org/) was formed in 1993 with the mission to work on ‘prevention’ of social conflicts by developing social responsibility and personal leadership among young people (adolescent and youth). We believe that social change is effected through deep mind-set change of individuals and along with the empowerment of the socially excluded it is imperative to hugely shift the attitudes of individuals in powerful decision making positions in order to change the social structures that marginalized communities.
It is kept alive by an active and engaged Governing Board and a strong and professional executive team, and is being fulfilled through the design and delivery of innovative experiential learning and action programs with diverse groups of young people across the country. We also train teachers, support youth led initiatives, incubate new organizations and partner with other organizations to mainstream youth development and active citizenship by providing organizational development and programmatic support. We are also engaged in influencing public policy in the field of youth.
More often than not, young people are preoccupied in four spaces that society legitimizes them to inhabit. These are 1) Family 2) Livelihood/Education 3) Friends, and 4) Leisure (which includes entertainment, worship and sports among others) .There is one very vibrant space although quite marginalized that young people also occupy, which
we call the 5th Space - a concept to inspire and facilitate young people to expand beyond the typical 4 spaces of
career-education, family, friends and leisure by creating this space in the mentioned four spaces through exploring a journey from self to society and back .This is where young people understand themselves and engage in social action. It focuses on self-transformation of youth as much as on transforming society through them. The 5th space is co-owned and co-led by young people and adults, provides deep cross border experiences (including across borders of caste, class, gender, religion), and is a space for ‘refl-action’ (where in the best traditions of experiential learning, action is taken to learn about the self and reflection precedes and succeeds this action).
Annually, our total outreach is approx. 15000+ young people, support/mentor 100 social entrepreneurs/youth organizations, and work with around 100 partners.
So when you work (we prefer to call it ‘walk’ with us), you actually work with many others - young people, teachers, other organizations and the larger civil society – all from as diverse worlds as you can imagine.
Pravah is currently on a new curve of expansion – both in size and the scope of its interventions. To support it, a number of exciting opportunities have arisen for the engagement of inspired and committed people with diverse levels of skills and experience in Pravah.
In the current phase of our journey, we are looking for an inspired and committed fundraisers to work with us. Read on to know if it could be you!
Job Description – Programme Coordinator, Fundraising
Location: New Delhi; Type: Full time
Specific responsibilities include:
● Raising resources for the Pravah ecosystem, through research, generating leads, supporting marketing of various programmes, setting up and participating in meetings to convert leads into funding partnerships etc.
● Writing proposals, concept notes and relevant communication and impact materials including presentations, documents in partnership with program teams.
● Supporting meeting set up and proposal writing by FR and teams with research, data gathering , presentations and deck creation.
● Developing and maintaining deep external and internal relationships with individuals, organizations, funding institutions as well as tracking fundraising relationship health across the organisation
● Anchor the individual donation portfolio - managing existing donors relationships and expanding donor pool, supporting crowdfunding campaigns in Pravah.
● Support in setting up meetings (internal and external), registrations and due diligence processes, participation in conferences and meetings if required, and donor management with the function head
● Work closely with the Director to adhere to internal organizational and learning processes and execute operational systems in partnership with finance other relevant to programme teams.
● Supporting the lead in creation of the FR strategy for 2021-2024 and implementation
plan of the same. We are looking for a person with:
A postgraduate/ graduate degree with 4-5 years of work experience.
Very good communication, writing and presentation skills (written and verbal) and the ability to work under pressure. Good design ( software like canva, powerpoint, mindmap ) and computer skills ( microsoft office) will be advantageous.
Ability to think creatively and have good story-telling ability
Has a strong commitment to youth leadership and social justice issues; and a passion for leading exciting media campaigns on youth development
Ability to inspire and be inspired, keep commitments, go getter and chasing co-created targets, think out of the box, build relationships and be open to learning
Capacity to strengthen fund raising systems and processes within the organization including databases and computer-based communications and effectively coordinate meetings and events.
Willingness to travel Fluency in English and Hindi.
● Salary range for the Experience of 4 to 5 years is from 4.8 lakhs upto 5.76 lakhs per annum
** We are looking for people who are willing to make a minimum of a 2 year commitment to Pravah. We offer an enriching learning environment and the opportunity to work with a team of dedicated and passionate professionals who share a common vision.