Program Manager-Outreach & Communication
SELCO (Bangalore), India
Program Manager-Outreach & Communication
Reports to: Associate Director
Starting date: Immediately
Salary: Based on Experience
About SELCO Foundation:
SELCO Foundation is an open-source, not-for-profit organization that engages in field-based R&D and ecosystem building for the deployment of clean energy solutions that alleviate poverty in under-served areas. The organization works in collaboration with practitioners in the social sector, energy entrepreneurs, NGOs from various developmental sectors, and government institutions to link the benefits of sustainable energy for poverty eradication. With an inclusive, end-user-centric approach, the organization aims to create a platform through its work and outreach strategy that puts grassroots voices, solutions, and experiences at the forefront.
Overview of the Role:
The Program Manager at SELCO Foundation will be a key resource to accumulate information from various departments of the organization, creating/editing/compiling it for the purpose of various external stakeholders as well as planning and executing a dissemination strategy. The forms of content will include but not be limited to articles, case studies, research reports, videos, and dissemination channels will include but not be limited to various print and online news agencies and content platforms, an organization owned websites and blogs, special interest magazines as well as on partner platforms. The Program Manager would ascertain various outreach strategies for various departments and geographies, analyze budgetary requirements and execution plans for the outreach needs of the organization. He/She will work with other departmental leads in advocating for the learnings that the organization is collating with the help of various tools and techniques utilized in communication.
- The candidate should be able to understand and analyze ongoing and past work at SELCO Foundation, including priority areas, key projects/programs/ work themes.
- The individual should be able to gauge the external communication landscape of other organizations & influencers, in the energy access space and allied workspaces.
- We seek individuals who can use both information sources - carve a niche, rigorously, and regularly communicate the work and concepts to the external audiences & stakeholders via a detailed content building and content dissemination plan.
- The ideal candidate should be able to build and write content by accumulating information from the organization's teams as per the priority subjects, relevance to external stakeholders, and time of dissemination.
- The individual should build media relations and partnerships to disseminate the communication materials to various channels and ensure publication.
- The candidate would be responsible for the management and mentorship of team members based in Bangalore, and other offices for writing and management of outreach and communications while adhering to strict timelines.
- The candidate should also keep a track of publications and the reach gained, evaluate results, provide suggestions, of course, corrections and build the same into new plans made. The candidate should also be able to ascertain individual program/partners/funder needs and be able to integrate these into larger plans of the team and execute the same.
- The candidate would also be required to liaise with partners, especially peers in other organizations to build joint communication strategies and dissemination plans.
- The candidate would also be required to mentor, manage and lead the communications team to his/her best possible extent.
- Practical, hands-on experience of a minimum of 7 years in creative writing, journalism, media, communication, PR, or an allied field
- Experience in video and graphic production, journalism, media relations, or creative writing and editorial management is required. Mixed/diverse experiences are preferred
- Self-motivated, responsible and should be engaged and highly interested in the developmental agenda
- Ability to learn quickly from multiple subject areas and be a team player with excellent managerial and people skills to mentor and motivate other team members
- Willingness to travel for 7-10 days in a month
- Fluency in English and knowledge of other local languages – Hindi, Kannada, Odiya, and Assamese is preferred